FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]
Old May 26, 2017, 12:07 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by getagb
The boarding pass for reservations booked when I was GM didn't show boarding group 2 when I became Silver.

Similarly, boarding passes booked as a Gold but flown as a Plat didn't show boarding group 1.

In the past I've been able to call in and have the premier desk manually update this but it usually takes them 20-30 minutes to explain my issue, have them research the solution and then fix each ticket.

I will become 1k tomorrow (when latest trip posts) and want to make sure I'll have the correct CPU order. In the past, I've tried regenerating the ticket myself using the Manage Reservations -> Email Receipt trick, but that didn't update my premier status.

How can I update my already-purchased tickets to show my new UA premier status? Can I do it myself? Or if I have to call in, is there a better way to explain what I want to the agent so it doesn't take so long to resolve?
I believe Manage Reservations -> Email Receipt sometimes shows you the original receipt at time of ticketing; however, if you click through 'Manage Reservations -> View Receipt', it should show the receipt with current status / seat assignments reflected at the top.

If, when doing that, you see outdated information, I suppose the only option is calling.

edit: Actually after trying out a few things myself, it seems possible that sometimes the first click of 'View Receipt' does not show the most recent information. You may want to try multiple times, which may be the actual issue (and not the email/view dichotomy I suspected above).