FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR DOH-USA flights: electronic devices permitted on ALL flights
Old May 26, 2017, 7:41 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
Any idea if Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones will be allowed ? I have a DOH-JFK coming up in J and I have read/heard conflicting reports, sometimes allowed and sometimes not from MENA to US.
I don't understand what more you expect for us here. To have stayed at the gate 24/7 for a few weeks and done a survey and determine what percentage of the time it's allowed? No one or two additional anecdotes will prove that it's always one way or always the other way.

If you think about it, it should be clear that it's murky whether it should be allowed (on the one hand, it's clearly bigger than a cell phone, on the other hand, the electronics portion is even way smaller than a cell hone), so different gate people are likely to come to different conclusions.

I'd put in the same camp as film SLR camera bodies, which to some people don't seem electronic, but OTOH have light meters those are electronic. I'd expect some gate people to allow them and others to not allow them.

Ie, the rule is clear about dimensions, but it's not clear about what exactly is and isn't considered "electronics".