FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Surprising Airports with no lounge access for AA elites
Old May 26, 2017, 6:40 am
captaink

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
All that said, I do wonder how many people purposely plan to arrive early for a domestic flight, say IAH-PHX/LAX and would pay to make it worthwhile for AA.
For me, I can work pretty much anywhere (unless I'm needed/wanted on-site at a client). Sometimes I have, say, a 4:30 flight from DFW, and even though my home and office are 15 minutes away, my calendar could be slammed with meetings from 1-4. Being able to pop over to DFW at lunch and camp out in the AC means I'm not juggling emails, phone calls, bags, chasing my uber driver down the street (because they never just drive to GPS coordinates and STOP), security, and so on in the hour or so before my flight.

As an added bonus, if something cancels and I want to take an earlier flight, I'm already at the airport.

That, coupled with my usage during connections, locations at most of the airports my work takes me to, and the ability to use locations overseas even when not flying AA make it more than worthwhile to me. But having 4 clubs at DFW is a big part of why it's worthwhile.