FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Food poisoning/allergic reaction - advice please
Old May 26, 2017, 4:22 am
CorporateTourist

Programs: CX, HYATT, SPG, IHG
Food poisoning/allergic reaction - advice please

Hi all

I would like to ask for an opinion on what I should next.

First incident, the meal for that flight was breakfast. Bit into the croissant and thought it tasted strange. Pulled apart the croissant and there was a orange/brown paste inside which should not have been in a plain croissant. Showed the FA's and the ISM and they promised to have the food analysed. Then my throat started to swell - still don't know why. I complained to MPC, and after a bit of back & forth, received some (insufficient) compensation. Within the numerous emails, MPC confirmed that the croissant and foreign substance were not preserved for analysis, but the catering company said it might have been tomato concasse which was made before the batch of croissants. Seems as though they do not clean their machines in between different batches of food.

Second incident occurred a couple of months and many more CX/KA flights later. Again, it was a morning flight and I had a croissant - which I cut open to check if there was anything inside. It seemed ok, so I started eating, and after a bite of the croissant and a bite of the gammon and eggs, I had another allergic reaction.

I do not have any allergies to these items - previously or currently.

After complaining to MPC and highlighting that this was the second time, they sent me a list of ingredients used and basically said "case closed". I asked for the name of the catering company and a contact person, in order to supply the details to the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.

So, should I file a formal complaint with the FEHD?

thanks!