FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old May 25, 2017, 5:30 pm
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
Really? Are you referencing J, or F? The F product I feel is not nearly as private as CX - keep seeing peoples heads pop above the rim is odd. Just finished flying CX J last week and found the service to be excellent and the seat to be more comfortable than I anticipated. Have not flown JL J, but we are indeed monitoring for return seats on our own upcoming trip. That said, JL seems to be far more erratic in releasing seats: 1F here, 1 F there, 3 J there, and never the same flight. I've seen 2F open up, but no business. When the F seats disappear, then the J seats open up. With a party of four (first world problem), makes it difficult.

In addition, JL doesn't have a consistent international J seat. That Neo shell thing on their 787's looks like a bad joke.
Depends on what you're after.

For J, I say JL>CX hands down (longhaul). Dine went you want (though that's reportedly coming on CX), pajama tops, considerably more privacy and storage, wifi, better lavs.

For F, it's a tougher comparison. CX wins for privacy and overall width, but JL has higher quality bedding, better food, FAs that roam rather than have to be summoned, wifi, and better lavs. True, you occasionally see other people, but that's pretty rare.

Agree intra-Asia 787s on JL are a crap shoot.

Jamie