FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Do 2017 BRW Summer Solstice under the Midnight Sun [June 20-23, 2017]
Old May 25, 2017, 5:42 am
tanzaniancane

Originally Posted by jackal
How much room does the RV have? Maybe beckoa should change the itinerary and we go to Denali and Paxson with you instead.

17.5K is steep, but it works out to a value of 2.0 cents per mile, so it's still a decent-value redemption, more than I think AS miles are typically worth...
We have room for 4 more - come join!

Problem is I used up all my Alaska miles to get to ANC, then from ANC-HNL, and finally HNL-SAN.

Originally Posted by rxgeek
17.5k for a once in a lifetime experience? That mitigates the cost, hopefully.
We're going to be in Denali from the 24-26. Renting a house with "HomeAway". Would like to
join you or anyone else that's available.
I think you may be right. I probably would never do this again. Let me ponder for a day or two and see how much it would cost to rebook the RV for a shorter period of time - or if we do Barrow, perhaps I'll scratch the RV idea since it will only be 4ish days instead of 7. I'll see how things pan out and it may be that we end up in the Denali area at the same time!

Originally Posted by beckoa
tanzaniancane, would be fun to have you and your wife along.

If you're not able to make it to BRW, there's still the BBQ and airport tour after BRW ^.
Thank you for such a big welcome from everyone in this group. Let me figure out the logistics and I will keep everyone posted. Definitely very enticing