FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA's predatory cancellation policy
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2017, 3:00 am
Anonba

Originally Posted by Often1
The agent answered the question asked and there are people here who believe that the agent ought to have been a mind-reader and answered the question not asked.

Those who suggest that agents should go beyond the question asked and that BA ought to start sending memos out to that effect are simply going to lead to a situation where agents are trained to say, "I am not permitted to answer that because you might really mean to ask something else. If you have a question about the contract or fare rules, you should read them and you will find our answer there."

Imagine the Greek chorus of "poor BA service" then.
Personally if it was it me i would have gave the cancellation rules. To me it would follow almost automatically that if cancellation is being discussed as an option i would give the rules. Its sharing useful knowledge that actually away from this forum a lot of people are unaware of. I mean it also leads naturally into it you could cancel but: these are the implications if you do.

Of course having not heard the conversation i wont speculate on what was or wasnt said.