FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New guy's Companion pass plan
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2017, 6:14 pm
layoverdan

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by joshua362
Q6: I'm not sure but if possible 10,000 points is a lot of WGA fares to fly & earn in a short period. You could buy BS fares for quicker accumulation but that's a waste of points/money.
im still figuring out these abreviations, what does WGA and BS fare mean?

Originally Posted by joshua362
Q7, no. no and why would you do that as the CP fare is free and only bookable on WN

Much better to manufacture spend or legitimately spend the remainder of $10,000 in January to get you over the hump quickly. Gift cards, pay some taxes at 2.5%, etc.

Just make sure you have the time & money to travel enough to make it worth it! Status really not worth too much on WN and impossible to get without paid flights and you'll be flush in points for awhile anyway. Buy one gate upgrade for $30-40 if you don't draw a good number in the T-24 lottery.
I wasnt sure if it was possible to book the companion fare through them or not. i thought i could use those points and still travel for free while i earn toward a status.... also i forgot about all those rapid rewards points haha.
I'm not too worried about status I just kind of have this Idea in my head where i get status from CP travel and have alaska airlines match while getting me a BOGO credit card bonus they have and get me a couple first class tickets to hawaii at the end of all this.