FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master List of New Hotels and Disposals
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2017, 3:47 pm
chrism20

Originally Posted by sdsearch

Your question sounds like you expect someone to rebrand an Indigo into a Crowne Plaza. Is that really realistic???
Yes that is far more realistic than rebranding to a limited service property such as an HIX or Courtyard.

Indigos have full restaurants and bars whilst most have a fitness room and business facilities. The only thing that is missing is an EL but to be fair there are as many CPs in the UK regions without a lounge as there are Indigos in the U.K.

Indigo I would say is on the same level as a CP but leaning more to leisure rather than business although they cater for both. Each Indigo is different and the decor themes are local as the slogan was (may still be) "Welcome to our neighbourhood".

From my experience of the company building/opening the hotel I would also say they are far more suited to limited service properties.

Their HIX in Aberdeen is very good whilst the CP next door has gone from excellent to average very quickly with cost cutting to the extreme. They also used to own HI Dumfries which at times in the past would give Basil Fawlty a run for his money.