FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What constitutes "a daily choice of breakfast"?
Old May 24, 2017, 3:27 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
So, a couple of points.

1. I stayed at the aforesaid hotel. The breakfast in the brasserie -- no longer a "breakfast room" -- included a small-ish buffet of cheese, self-serve juice, eggs, bread and other carbs, non-descript yogurt, fruit jam, honey, and the like. The hot menu is an additional charge. Water is by request (stupid). No newspapers, either for what it's worth. Espresso lattes and cappuccinos are included.

2. You also, as a Marriott platinum, get one free drink, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, per stay at the hotel bar, which is a weird, windowless space in a corridor.

On the whole, the Glasshouse is not worth it, either on points or cash. Turndown service amounts to closing your blinds and taking off the decorative pillow from the bed. No newspapers whatsoever. I didn't see a bellman or a concierge. They don't even offer valet parking. The brasserie is pretty much a breakfast room doing double service as a restaurant. I instead ordered room service pizza, which was good and reasonably priced.

You get a much better bargain staying a half-block away at the new-ish Courtyard, which is less points. Basically, the Glasshouse in Edinburgh is a much-hyped limited-service hotel.

As for the continental v. breakfast dispute, I raised the issue and received 20,000 points.