FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old May 24, 2017, 2:53 pm
reverted

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I would always hold out hope, but in my experience the furthest out I ever claimed a CX F award (aside from the edge of the booking window) was 11 days when the flight was F6. My best luck has been between T-11 days and T-4 hours, with most clustered around T-3 days. Good luck!

EDIT: My CX travel is exclusively in August, and my greatest success is JFKHKG early in the month. HKGJFK towards the end of the month is tougher due school return, I've never succeeded in getting 4 awards in that direction, only 2 and the second of those usually inside of 24 hours (hence the need to break the award, as referenced above). Hope this clarification helps - Jamie
Wonderful. Thanks. I check JAL once a day and don't expect anything but the neurotic me has to obsessively do so. I can already imagine that once it comes to 2-3 weeks out from departure, it will actively consume my life and I'll probably be reprimanded at work

Side note, I called AS partner desk this morning and asked the same question regarding changing the second leg of an itinerary once I start my trip and the rep said that it isn't a problem as long as it is a few hours from departure. Will have to call back and ask the same question in a month or two to get more DP.

Also mentioned that since the itinerary (ICN-HKG F and HKG-LAX J) is already an 'F ticket,' there would not be a change fee even inside of 60 days. I've had two reps tell me the same thing now, the other being the one that booked the itinerary.