FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old May 24, 2017, 2:20 pm
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by xacutti
Hey folks

Apologies if this is already answered. Did a quick search but didn't find a definitive recent answer.

On this page https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rd-charts.aspx if I choose US->Asia it shows the terms:

"8. Excludes Hong Kong. The following blackout dates apply for travel between North America and Asia in 2017: Jan 1, Jan 26 - 31, May 12 - Jun 30, Jul 14 - Aug 19, Sep 30 - Oct 10, Dec 8 - Dec 31"

Just want to be clear. By "Excludes Hong Kong" does this mean during the above dates:
  1. I can book award travel to HKG, but I cannot book travel to say NRT? or
  2. I can book award travel to NRT but not HKG?

Hoping it is #1 .

Thanks!
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's hard to figure out because the AS award pages on the website were (re)designed so poorly, but Cathay Pacific isn't being discussed. There are no blackout dates on CX awards. Note that carriers are being discussed in alphabetical order.

It's hard to tell which airline IS being discussed. Probably KE (they have about a third of the year blacked out), maybe EK?
Originally Posted by dkerr
I don't think this footnote applies to CX... applies to one of the other carriers listed (not sure which). I am not aware of any restrictions / blackout dates for awards on CX.

DAK
The notes for blackout is for Korean Air. (8-11 apply to KE) Its part of the award chart being messed up since they re did it.