FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?
Old May 24, 2017, 1:09 pm
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
New menus

Finnair announced new menus will be launched on OCT 4 on the longhaul routes. Menus are supposed to showcase Finnish food culture as part of the national centennial anniversary.

Business class for long-haul flights leaving Helsinki

For business class customers flying out of Helsinki on long-haul flights between October 4 and January 9, Finnair’s Signature Menu chef, Eero Vottonen, has put together an exclusive 100 years-themed menu to celebrate the culinary nuances of Finnish food. The menu features delicacies such as Baltic herring, a Karelian stew and a cep mushroom soup flavored with cured elk. Vottonen, supported by the ELO foundation, finished sixth out of twenty-four participants at the prestigious Bocuse d’Or competition in Lyon, France last January.

“When creating Finnair’s centennial menu, I reflected on what Finland and its food culture represent for me,” says Eero Vottonen. “It’s a big honor for me to collaborate with Finnair on this initiative and I’m excited to have the opportunity to introduce the tastes of Finland to thousands of passengers travelling through Finland with Finnair.”

Business class for long-haul flights to Helsinki

For business class customers flying to Helsinki on most long-haul flights between October 4 and January 9, Finnair will offer elements inspired by the Finland 100 years menu which was specially designed by the ELO Foundation to commemorate Finland’s centennial anniversary. The Finland 100 years menu served on Finnair’s flights will feature elements such as pickled salmon, rainbow trout and a Karelian stew with beef and pork. Variations of the ELO Foundation’s 100 years menu will also be served at Finnish embassies around the world to commemorate Finland’s centennial celebration.