FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Hot Water Advice
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2017, 1:49 pm
ewok22

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
No Hot Water Advice

Going to run this by the experts as I need an opinion. Stayed at the new Calgary In-Airport Marriott Hotel last week. I'm Platinum status and stay at least bi-weekly.
Beautiful Hotel by the way, clean and contemporary with a ton of space. Last week I got up to catch my flight and after running the water for 5 minutes there was no hot water. I left it for 15 minutes and went back and tried it again and still no hot water. For the next 15 minutes I called my service 3x letting it ring for 15 - 20x on each call but no one would pick up. Decided on a quick cold water dunk and run for my flight as I was now cutting it close. Quickly stopped by the reception desk to see what was going on and they said the whole airport was out of Hot water and apologized and asked if they could get me a coffee to go.
While I understand these things happen it is how it is handled that makes a difference. Do you think they could have done more?