FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old May 22, 2017, 9:11 pm
privateuly

Hi NewbieRunner,

Thank you so much for your detailed map and step-by-step instructions. You are so kind to provide that.

So it looks like the determining factor is where the gate is going to be. If it's A1-A5 or A50 and above, we should probably take the skytrain and clear passport control in the A gates. But if it's A11-A42, we should clear at B gates and take the tunnel.

Looking at the map, gates A1-A5 are physically close to the B gates security point. But I take it that (since it's not mentioned in the notes) that the two areas are not connected?

Either case, I feel much better now that I have a good bearing on where we need to go. Thanks so much!

Uly

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Assuming that Frankfurt Airport's maps on their website are to scale, I hope these images will give you some idea of the relative walking distance.

If you are walking to the Skyline train platform from the transfer area of B, you will follow the passage marked in green on this map. The platform is shown by the white rectangle at the top.

If you deicde to go through passport control and security in B, you will follow the passage marked in green after passport control and the escalator and turn back after going through security (marked in red) passed gates B10-13. The route is marked in blue. The elevator to take you down to the tunnel is between gate B13 and passport control (only used for Schengen > non-Schengen into B departures).

The tunnel between B and A is marked by the green line on this map. There are moving walkways in the tunnel which are working most of the time but not always. The elevator will bring you up to A concourse next to gate A15 (shown as Z15 on the this map which is the same gate as A15 approached on the non-Schengen level). Depending on the actual departure gate you may have some more distance to walk once you are in A concourse whether you get there via the Skyline train or via the tunnel.