FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old May 22, 2017, 1:36 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
JFK-CUN Breakfast and CUN-JFK Lunch
May 2017

On the outbound options were a "breakfast pie" or oatmeal. Went for the breakfast pie and was pleasantly surprised -- tasty and the crust was about as flaky as you could expect to achieve on an airplane. Not sure exactly what was in it but there was some sausage in there. Picture taken before the FA came around with a bagel for the bread plate.

On the return, options were pasta or chicken breast with vegetables. Had the pasta which was not great -- dry and unevenly cooked, with not enough sauce. Salad and dessert were good though. My husband had the chicken and was happy with it, but I didn't get a picture.

FEBO observed both ways.

The FAs in both directions were confused when we asked for "sparkling wine" before takeoff (since I assume whatever Delta serves on these short international routes, it's not real Champagne), and on the return even just said "no, we don't have that." But they then listed off the wine options, including "Champagne".
Attached Images