FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delay in Ticketing while Processing GUF2; BA refuses old fare
Old May 22, 2017, 12:42 pm
FFMilesJunkie

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
This is unusual because the GUF is fairly easy for BA to redeposit as long as flight time hasn't passed. I'm guessing what is happening here is that the TA is still holding the space in case you agree to ticket at the higher fare and BA, seeing that the PNR is still in the works and not cancelled, are leaving the GUF in limbo until either the PNR is ticketed or cancelled completely.

Here are the TA guidelines for booking and cancelling a GUF: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...d-card-upgrade. To redeposit the voucher, the TA just needs to call BA...
I spoke with the TA and found out a little more. The fare I booked was only in the system for under 24 hours. It wasn't necessarily a mistake fare ($2,300 return), but it could have been a sale that was posted in error that they pulled. By the time the GUF was approved and they sent it for ticketing, the fare had expired (pulled). So, in essence, the 3 day ticketing window was a moot since the fare didn't exist when they tried to ticket it. BA would not make an exception and we are stuck with a reservation we cannot ticket.

The GUF will be returned after the reservation clears out of BA's systems. I guess that can take a day or 2. So, now it's back to Google Flights fare alerts to see if this route goes back on sale. There are a few advantages to having BA Gold here in the US, but it's definitely not for the fare sales!! They are few and far between!