FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins
Old May 22, 2017, 11:51 am
The Situation

Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I asked for a rationale as to the reason for this change and he could offer none.......no possible explanation as to the advantage for this change for either the customer, or Delta. All he could say is yes, there was a programming change and now you won't see seats in C+ or First when your seat is in economy. I guess they don't think we have a need to see that info.

My first thought was DL probably received so many complaints from stupid people regarding why they weren't able to select an open seat or why the open seat was requesting more money to upgrade, this was DL's solution to fixing the problem.

Originally Posted by Griffin Wright
Perhaps they want to increase upgrade revenue by getting suckers to buy an upgrade and then shove them in a middle seat?
Originally Posted by RaflW
This is idiotic if they are serious. If I cannot see seat availability in other cabins, why would I ever buy up to F? I will not pay money, blind, and then find out there are no window seats left, or only bulkhead.

I guess the question is - do the number of dumb people taking FCM offers outnumber the more enlightened? We will know if the full seatmap returns.