FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIA reports $138m loss in Q4
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2017, 11:22 pm
SQ325

Originally Posted by shuigao
Wow, where did all this hate come from? Trying to position yourself as a premium carrier (with therefore suitably premium rates) is being arrogant?
I honestly understand the frustration. SQ pricing policy out of SIN is ridiculous and to me that is pure arrogance and has nothing to do with their Market leader ambition. It starts to erode now, but not for all destinations though. People are not that stupid, and the rise of LCCs (especially Scoot) in SIN is showing that people are not willing to pay SQ "Fantasy-Fares" anymore.
They have always been offering quite competitive fares and promos out of other markets, but hardly out of SIN. To me it shows that they don't care about the Singapore market, I would call that arrogance.

Originally Posted by Phaze
I'm lucky in that I don't fly Y anymore but the 5-page thread on economy cutbacks hasn't gone unnoticed. People are in there saying how the removal of a hot towel will cause changes in their buying behaviour. It's one small example of how these things matter. If anyone with even an ounce of sense at SQ is reading any of these things, they'd take note. Maybe they don't care about economy passengers but they do need to care about premium passengers. Marketing 101 teaches you it's cheaper and easier to retain loyal high yield customers than it is to annoy them, risk losing them and try to attract new ones.
As someone rightfully said above, customers (no matter if in Y or premium cabins) moan a lot about cutbacks. Will it change their booking habit? I think a few customer might switch, but for the rest of us the life will go on and we will get over it (and certainly used to it).