FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins
Old May 20, 2017, 10:04 pm
RaflW

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
CarmenOM, I don't think it's a glitch and GatorBlues, I too am totally annoyed. We should let Delta know. Another example of Delta being less transparent and less customer friendly. With less info, it's a pain to have to go through extra steps to manage your travel.

Prior to booking flights last night for me and my husband, I saw that there were plenty of C+ and first class seats available, so I checked the box for C+ upgrades during the booking process. After booking, there were no C+ upgrades done automatically, so I went online to check the C+ available seats again....and saw they were all grayed out, along with the first class section.

I called Delta elite line and the rep changed our seats to C+. I also spent some time time discussing this negative change and asked him to make my comments known. I asked for a rationale as to the reason for this change and he could offer none.......no possible explanation as to the advantage for this change for either the customer, or Delta. All he could say is yes, there was a programming change and now you won't see seats in C+ or First when your seat is in economy. I guess they don't think we have a need to see that info.
This is idiotic if they are serious. If I cannot see seat availability in other cabins, why would I ever buy up to F? I will not pay money, blind, and then find out there are no window seats left, or only bulkhead.

And here's another stupidity: I'm flying to New Orleans for a major conference in late June. If I wasn't an FTer, I'd think Delta is basically sold out to New Orleans and I'd tell fellow conference-goers not to bother, but to book one of the other airlines "Delta looks nearly sold out!" I'd say, so try SWA or UA. If they use an OTA, they'll se DL availability, this isn't a big impact, but just foolish on their part to even risk it.

Just dumb. And really insulting. I was working towards renewing PM for '18, will make GM in a few weeks but if they don't change this, I'll be much more likely to try another airline for my fall TATL. I'm also going to cold-turkey my AMEX as soon as I hit waiver and not bother for the second MQM bump (iow, 35,000 skypesos AMEX won't have to buy from DL to give to me).

Every damn time I think things have stabilized with this airline and the crap they pull that frustrates Elites, nope, they're not done yet.