FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins
Old May 20, 2017, 8:56 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by rylan
We first started discussing this seatmap issue a few days ago here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ap-issues.html

It started with new functionality that was rolled out overnight from Wed to Thurs morning that enabled the ability to upgrade individual segments.

As others noted, you can only see the seatmap in the cabin you purchased - except if there is an FCM offer, then you can see everything. My guess is a glitch/side effect, since it really makes no sense why DL would block viewing seats in other cabins. It has no real benefit to them, and it just is an annoyance to pax.
Delta doesn't seem to have an issue with things that don't benefit them but hides data from the customer.

Look at hiding award availability on Expertflyer. Incoveniences the passenger and I don't see how it benefits Delta. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the diamond desk wasting their time trying for find flights with upgrade inventory where if they would have had it on EF still I could have found the flights that had availability with the best schedule and just bought the ticket online and called the diamond desk to have the GU's applied