FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017
Old May 20, 2017, 6:52 pm
Bundy Bear

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Looks like we have a group that want to travel together for the 12:15 train.

tom911
restlessinRNO
smithy06
Austin787
jswong
chchkiwi
Perk
Fredd
Mrs Fredd
Any one I missed.

http://www.sydneytrains.info/

For timetable information, Central Coast and Newcastle Line.

Did some checks Newcastle trains depart usually from platform 9 or 10, but it could be any one of 1-15.

station map.

If you miss the 12:15 train they are every 30 minutes.
Trains to Newcastle from Central run every 30 minutes; example 12:15 and 12:45pm.

Journey for the 12:15pm arrives at 2:51pm so almost 3 hours, 3:08pm with bus connection.

Please note the train only goes to Hamilton, the 3 stations Wickham, Civic and Newcastle were closed in December 2014, Wickham will be reopened at the end of 2017 where it will become a major interchange for buses and light rail.

Originally Posted by serfty
From what platform do the Hamilton (Newcastle) trains normally depart Central?
Platform 9-10.

Originally Posted by tom911
I'll be heading.to Newcastle from Sydney Central around noon on Friday. RestlessinRNO will likely be with me. We can sort out a meeting spot and exact train a few days out. Make sure you purchase an Opal card and charge it prior to departure. i
Originally Posted by Austin787
I arrive SYD Friday. I plan to drop my luggage Central Station then hang out in Sydney for a few hours. Then grab brunch or lunch then take the 12:15 or 13:15 train to Newcastle.
Originally Posted by smitty06
Awesome. Maybe we will be on the same train.
Originally Posted by jswong
Looks like a bunch of people taking the train to Newcastle from Sydney on the Friday
Originally Posted by chchkiwi
I will also be catching the train to Newcastle on Friday. Looks like the 12:15

Last edited by Bundy Bear; May 20, 2017 at 8:28 pm Reason: Adding people that I wasn't sure of their movements.