FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Not taking responsibility for their mistake. Help!
Old May 20, 2017, 2:07 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bhrubin
The customer can unwind from the contract--by canceling. If the customer waited so long to cancel without any confirmation of booking an all-inclusive option, then the customer is the one at fault here...which is what I believe actually happened. The customer assumed too much, never confirmed a thing with the hotel, and just hoped against hope that if nothing was said that he or she would somehow magically get what they wanted. They didn't...and now are singing sour grapes. Sorry, I'm with SPG on this one.
i don't see how the customer is at fault here....as i understand it here are the chain of events as per the op:

she booked the room through spg but could not book the 'all inclusive' package with them as she had to contact the property for that....

spg however confirmed at the time of booking that this option existed....

she emailed the property & got no response....she then called the property & got no response....

she got back in touch with spg who then offered to get in touch with the property on their behalf....

after receiving the request from spg, the property finally responded & stated that the 'all inclusive' option no longer exists....

the op called spg to confirm if this was indeed true & spg confirmed that the option still existed on their system....they further confirmed that they would get in touch with the hotel to either get them that option or in the alternative offer them resort credit to make up for it....

if the op is telling the truth then i don't see how they are at fault....so your following statement could not be more incorrect:

The customer assumed too much, never confirmed a thing with the hotel, and just hoped against hope that if nothing was said that he or she would somehow magically get what they wanted. They didn't...and now are singing sour grapes.