FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Not taking responsibility for their mistake. Help!
Old May 19, 2017, 11:34 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

The OP posted but the post was in a queue for mod approval.

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Where is the OP? Folks give their advice and ask questions yet the one person asking for help is absent.
Originally Posted by lmw
OP here...thank you for the benefit of the doubt. You sum up our situation quite well.

For the sake of brevity, I left several details out of the initial post. When attempting to contact the hotel (which we did not do at the last minute), we noticed the hotel does not have a toll free number (so pretty high rates to call them from our US cell phones)...we called Starwood and asked if there was a toll free number. They said no, that email was the best way to get ahold of the hotel. We actually still called the hotel, but after sitting on hold for 10 minutes (at $5 a minute from our non international cell plans), we opted to hang up and pursue the email route as Starwood had suggested. We then emailed the email address that both Starwood and the website for the hotel provided. No response. We called Starwood again and they said again that was the way to contact the hotel. A few more no responses and finally a bounced back email and we called Starwood again. At that point they mentioned that they did in fact have a different email address that they could use to contact the hotel. They would email them and ask them to email us. That is the point at which we finally got in contact with the hotel and they informed us that there is no all inclusive option.

Also, to be clear, I have picked up the phone plenty of times. Our dealings with Starwood have been via phone. They emailed us after I initially called and asked for their help to tell us they won't help us, and I picked up the phone after that to call them to continue the conversation.

Just cancelling at this point is not so easy. We have plane tickets, there are no other properties in Cabo we can book on points, and we have time off work and childcare arranged for our 3 small children (no small feat) so we can celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

Ultimately, we will still have a great anniversary trip I'm sure. However, as I've said, I'm finding it incredibly frustrating and out of character for Starwood to be this unwilling to accept any responsibility on the issue. It seems one of the main issues is they have a communication problem with their property...I do feel like that is partially on Starwood to communicate with their own properties and have accurate information to provide to their members.