FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dog Allergic J Pax Implies She Might Cause Diversion Due to Dogs, Offloaded
Old May 19, 2017, 1:38 pm
SamOF

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by JonNYC
) I think she knew she made a big mistake making the "unplanned stop" comment (at which point she sealed her own fate as far as being removed)
I definitely see your point here, but what bugs me about the incident is not the applause, it's the near automatic reaction of removing here from the plane.

Was she just venting? Was she allergic to dogs in a way that would cause a serious medical issue? Or would she just be extremely unhappy for the entire flight? Would she be willing to sit in coach if that's what it took to get away from the dog? Were there seats in First that could have accomodated her?

So while I agree with you descriptively, I don't think we should be happy about a world where a throw-away comment could "seal her fate" without any further application of common sense or critical thinking.*

Taking 1.5 minutes to ask those questions is not an unreasonable expectation.

*It's entirely possible that common sense and critical thinking could have still led to her being kicked off in this case. It just sounds like that didn't happen.