FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old May 19, 2017, 12:01 pm
Chewy5

HKG - LAX - YVR tfr time 2:20 minutes

Hi - I'm new to this forum so I hope I didn't press a wrong button and replied someone instead.

I have a trip that's making me nervous. I am a Canadian Citizen. My upcoming trip will happen in June 7 and I will arrive from HKG to LAX at 7:40am on Cathay business class. My connecting will be with UA to YVR at 10:07; on separate tickets. I will have 1 check in bag. I don't have statuses with airlines.

I know I'll have to go through Immigration, bag retrieval and security. As I am Canadian, I should be able to get through APC. As I took biz class, I am hopeful my bag will come out quick. Then I know I'll have to get myself to T7 from TBIT. My questions are:

- Will I make it?
- Would the quickest way to get from TBIT to T7 be fast walking?
- Is it right that I don't have the option to go through the tunnel anyway as my bags won't be checked through?
- Will I be only able to get my UA boarding pass at T7 when I check in my bags?

I really appreciate your wise advice. If there's chance I won't make it, would you suggest I pre-purchase a backup ticket from LAX to YVR at a later time instead of purchasing one in the event I don't make the transit? My UA 10:07 flight ticket is non-refundable.

Thank you so much