FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair seat allocation algorithm
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2017, 10:22 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
According to Lucian's useful website*, seats on Ryanair are/were allocated in this order, from A to F:

33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

This matched my experience and it was possible to predict which seat you would get by checking the seat plan before check-in to see which seats were still available to be purchased.

I now believe it to have changed so that seats B or E are allocated to solo passengers not paying for seat allocation.

Any thoughts?

*http://flights-blog.lowcostroutes.co...at-on-ryanair/
Not true.

As a solo traveller, I always check in as late as possible (mere hours/minutes before departure) and always get a window or aisle seat in either the first few rows (most likely) or the last few rows, allowing quick and easy boarding.

It makes sense for Ryanair to keep the best seats to give away as late as possible. For example, why keep seat 15B until the end as no-one ever would pay last minute for this, while some might still do for 3C?

My experience is that they are screwing you over when you check in as solo traveller on the earliest of occasions, giving bad seats in the hope next time you will pay extra.