FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When a Status Point is not really a Status Point!
Old May 18, 2017, 8:57 pm
plimflya

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
When a Status Point is not really a Status Point!

I have qualified as GE on ANZ for a number of consecutive years usually with many more points than I needed to re-qualify. This year I thought I was on the threshold of re-qualifying and that a Business Class flight WLG to to CDG on SQ would get me there. On discussing it with ANZ I discovered that even though my trip to Paris return will earn over 500 status points (I am only 289 points short) they count for nothing in my effort to re-qualify as GE with ANZ because of the requirement that a certain % of status points must be earned on "qualifying partners". The terminologies used are deceptive. If you think SQ are qualifying partners, as I did, think again.

I figure then that I should use the flights to accrue points with SQ because one flight to NRT return in PE with ANZ will give me the points I need to get there. Otherwise if I leave them in the AIRPOINTS AC they disappear when I requalify right? My anniversary is 1st July.