FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reward night stay but credit card was charged
Old May 18, 2017, 2:40 pm
jp2002

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Silver
Reward night stay but credit card was charged

Hi everyone,
I had my first experience in redeeming HHonors points for a reward stay and currently facing some issues.

I reserved a stay at Hampton Inn in Manhattan (32 Pearl Street) for one night stay for a total of 29,000 points and no cash. I thought it was a good deal because normally hotels in downtown NYC costs 40,000+ points.

But after the check-out, I realized that my credit card was charged for the full price ($140) and received an email invoice for that amount.

I contacted both the hotel and the guest services, but both of them insisted that I reserved the room under "points and discounted rate" and the extra $140 was the discounted rate (which is already odd because I believe the cash price of the same night was only about $120).

Attached is a part of the reservation confirmation that I printed at the time of booking. Could someone with more experience take a look and let me know if there is anything that I'm not following?
Attached Images