FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul / Korea 8-9 days, New Year 2017/2018 planning.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:45 am
Explorer789

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by shuigao
Points taken!!

I've cut out Jeju entirely, so going to concentrate on Seoul. Still haven't updated the proposed itinerary on the 1st post cos I'm talking to the other participants (spouse, parents-in-law, 2x brothers-in-law) about what they're interests are in South korea. But it's like a chicken and egg situation cos they're turning it around saying "I don't know what Korea has to offer so I don't know what i want to see."

At some point I'm gonna just plan according to what interests me and they can just shut up and come along.
Summed up what I thought when first considering SK. The easiest selling point is culture, food, and shopping in Seoul, and personal emphasis on food for me. The number of good restaurants/street stalls are endless and dishes tend to be small portioned, which allows for sampling a dozen dishes (or more if eating with others) each meal for a very reasonable price.

You can cover two to three districts a day. Start wherever your hotel is (I would suggest Myeongdong) and work your way around clockwise or ccw.