FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's with the crappy new pillows at Hampton?
Old May 17, 2017, 11:13 am
GreenWing

Programs: DL,HH,MR,Hertz
What's with the crappy new everything at Hampton?

Hamptons seem to be undergoing renovations designed to make them less user-friendly to anyone staying there more than one night at a time. No more drawers - now just some wire baskets for "storage". Thin carpet or laminate laid directly on concrete for some of the hardest floors imaginable. And yes, crappier bedding. I've seen similar "renovations" at Hilton Garden Inns too - it feels like Hilton is cheaping out on their hotels in a big way these days. I just stayed at a Hampton in Kansas City and there were no linens or pillows for the sofa bed, the air conditioning could barely cool the room, and housekeeping would only clean rooms of checkouts. Since I was there for a week, it was an exercise in frustration just to get some fresh towels and coffee for the room.

I'm Diamond at Hilton and have directed the majority of my stays there over the years, but the recent changes have me considering other hotel chains even though I'd have to start over on status. Dang it.