FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to sit on the Boeing 747-400 [merged B744 experience reports]
Old May 17, 2017, 7:09 am
gardengirl

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Is 747-4 as nice

I have had reservations on LH 2 times with the high expectation of having my first ride on a 747. Both times I had searched and planned out our trip for a 747-8 but we were put on different carriers because of strikes.

On a return flight we did, however, experience LH Business class on an A330 and it was a delightful experience.

I'd like to share that experience with my friend when we travel to Italy. From DTW the A330 has been replaced with a 747-4.

I would appreciate some input if this 747-4 will be as nice as the A330. If so, where is your favorite seat location? I've read other threads saying their seat assignments were changed from the ones they chose. Is this a normal practice?

I will need to reserve this through United since I don't have enough SPG points to move to LH. It goes against my penny pinching personality to pay 70K for each seat when LH only charges 52,5K but I'm consoling myself that I earn Ultimate Reward points much easier than SPG.

Thank you for any help.