FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019
Old May 16, 2017, 8:49 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by danger
I note the Wiki says only Homewood suites still say ID required at check-in. I've just looked at the Hilton Bogota and using the MVP corporate code it says "MVP PROGRAM HILTON HONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN."

I appreciate others' comments above that the chances of being asked for ID are next to none.
If the property offers it - use digital check in too - I handed my drivers license to a property after using digital check in and he said I don't need that - just tell me your name and I'll hand you the key. He said, what's the point of digitally checking in if you have to hand over ID?

You can see from the thread that the MVP rate simply isn't monitored by the properties. And if it is the $10 USGA membership covers it. That is a valid sports affiliation. So for $10 you can sleep well. Even without it I suppose there could be some property out there policing it - but as you can see from this thread we haven't found it yet here on FT.