FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What constitutes "a daily choice of breakfast"?
Old May 16, 2017, 7:48 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm astounded that so many care whether I type breakfast or brekkie on threads.

And yes I know Brits and Aussies who use the phrase. I've spent a lot of time in the UK w/ UK clients/friends/colleagues over the years & have had Australia clients/friends/colleagues for years. Where did you think I picked it up? Out of thin air? No.

One would think that the info provided would be more important than the spelling As I mentioned above, I tend to use either breakfast or brekkie or both when I post on threads & when I update the exec lounge sticky. No rhyme nor reason. Habit on some of it. It's not going to change, so those who get cranky about it will just have to deal.

And yes, the exec lounge sticky does come up on search when typing breakfast, as does it when one searches on brekkie, so let's put that aside I can't speak for other FTers, but when I want to know anything about a property I read the property thread & either find the info (whether it be brekkie or upgrades) or ask the question.

As others (and I) have noted before, it takes a LOT of time to update almost 900 properties. On the US/Canada properties I call them on the phone directly. To update just 6 properties takes 30 minutes. Some states have over 60 properties. As you can imagine, it takes a lot of time! And I'm girding my loins because some of the states haven't had an update in a while, so it will take a lot of time to contact them. Even on the int'l properties it takes a while & I just check their websites. The last time I updated the int'l properties, it took me 8 hours to do the updates going through every website & also checking it against any FT updates. (Luckily I had tv shows recorded on the dvr that weekend or I would have gone nuts!).

Someone suggested we make the sticky a wiki, as though that will get more updates. Let me tell you, based on 7 years of updating the sticky it won't help much. Most of the updates come from my pro-actively contacting properties, depending on FTers to post an update in the exec lounge sticky (hence, my comment the wiki won't get updated much, although I truly appreciate those who actually take the time to do an update), & then combing through property threads in case someone mentioned the breakfast situation in a specific thread.

I appreciate all the FTers who do update the exec lounge sticky or at least post an update in the property threads.

You know what you all could do to make things better? Instead of kvetching about whether I type breakfast or brekkie , start posting updates in the exec lounge weekend sticky. THAT would help your fellow FTers.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

And it must be the subject, because even though it's dinnertime I'm craving breakfast/brekkie

Cheers.