FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the best resort in Bodrum (Turkey)?
Old May 16, 2017, 3:15 pm
aa213bb

You're right, Carol, it is dense. It's why I wanted to post pics for you, so you'd be aware of what you're getting into.

Makis is great; very pleasant, and interesting to have chats with. He and his beautiful family live right there on the property, too, so he's very present.

In terms of rooms, they are not huge - when we arrived they'd prepared this room, which is the category I'd booked, as well as a suite for us. After looking them both over, my wife and I chose this one, with the hot tub. We did this for a couple of reasons.

1) it is on the very end of the property; I see I did not add a photo of it, but if you stare at the water from that deck area, and then look to the right (so, to the left when looking "down" the deck towards the hot tub), you only have a completely undeveloped hill, with some, in the distance, cattle grazing. Not a single structure. When we looked that way, it's like we were not at all around people

2) given how cool the temps were while there, that hot tub was a godsend.

Also, here's a bit of unsolicited advice - their menus at the time (the pool deck area restaurant was not yet opened) were not very Turkish influenced, so we asked for some off menu items and were quite happy (kofte, lamb ribs, etc).

In summation, sure, the MO may very well be nicer, but given the price delta, personally I would've just been irritated paying the € to stay there. At that level, I'd just as soon fly to Athens and go to Amanzoe, which we absolutely loved.

Too, knowing it was just the very beginning of their opening for the season, I felt confident the resort would be at low occupancy. And, while I didn't ask, my best guess is that it was at no more than 15-20%. Really felt like we had the place mostly to ourselves.