FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Electronic devices ban Europe to the US [merged threads]
Old May 16, 2017, 3:06 pm
wco81
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by 84fiero
The security complex rarely seems to scale back even with those things that are initially promised to be "temporary until we find a better method", etc.

Depending on the value of your camera gear, consider specialized camera insurance. It's not all that expensive and can provide better coverage for potential incidents than general travel insurance. It may also be worth considering a Pelican case or similar if your equipment is expensive enough to make that worthwhile. But you have time before you'd need to make any decision with an October trip.

That is our biggest concern as my wife has a fairly pricey camera and related gear (don't ask me what - I leave all that to her!) and while she has insurance on it, it's always been in carry-on luggage so we may need to have a more robust case if it ends up having to be checked.
Can you find out who offers this specialized camera insurance? Mostly you see travel insurance or homeowners insurance with possible riders.