FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What constitutes "a daily choice of breakfast"?
Old May 16, 2017, 2:58 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
FWIW & speaking only for myself - I'd rather direct my energies to things like getting all spend at all brands to count (which directly impacts our point balances), than bang on about cont'l vs. full. If we're going to do a concerted complaint/fix this, that would be on the top of my list.
My pecking order of things to bang on about would probably be:

(1) Elite benefits at "resorts"
(2) Elite benefits at Courtyard
(3) Spend at all brands counts - and remove the Residence Inn penalty (Execustay penalty...not my battle anymore)
(4) Get rid of that list of hotels that opt-out of elite benefits on weekends (regular Marriotts, mainly)

And I'll concede that they probably *meant* continental breakfast everywhere and wrote it poorly in this one place.

If Marriott fixed 1 and 2 in the members' favor, they'd immediately gain an extra 25-30 business nights per year from me. My incentive to maintain HH Diamond and a decent point balance there for our 1 resort week every 2 year or so would dissipate. I'd happily give those stays to Marriott to fast-track my next Travel Package.

Since Starwood doesn't have those exceptions - you get benefits at resorts and they don't have a weird middle-brand exception to their status perks - it's *possible* this could happen by next year. Not that I'm all that hopeful.