FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What constitutes "a daily choice of breakfast"?
Old May 16, 2017, 12:51 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I agree that breakfast spreads do vary from country-to-country. With that said, Marriott is an American hotelier. Even the worst Marriott buffet breakfast or concierge/executive/M Club lounge breakfast has at a minimum oatmeal, eggs, meat, toast, yogurt, milk, juice, water and coffee.
Assuming you meant Marriott the program, not just Marriott the brand, I've certainly seen cold-only "continental" buffets which had sliced cheese and sliced "cold cuts" meat but no oatmeal and I can't remember if hardboiled eggs or not (certainly no hot eggs). For example, that's what the Courtyard at the west end of Puerto Rico gives as free breakfast to Marriott Plats (not sure about Golds). Now, of course, Courtyard is not listed as one of the properties giving breakfast to elites at all, so there's no description to compare to, but the point is that this is a second example (in addition to the Albany Marriott two posts above) that not all Marriott family properties that give free breakfast to elites give everything you listed as a "minimum".

There is no one minimum list AFAIK, because there might be hot buffets that don't have some of the cold stuff you mentioned, and cold buffets that don't have some of the hot stuff you mentioned.

Oh, and btw, for me, just saying "eggs" is not specific enough a minimum. I want real eggs, or forget it. So hardboiled eggs beat powdered eggs IMHO, and I've seen Marriott brand lounges with real scrambled eggs and then other Marriott lounges with some sort of "fake" scrambled eggs (yuck). I expect "fake" scrambled eggs at a Fairfield, but it's upsetting to find them in a Marriott brand lounge.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 16, 2017 at 1:16 pm