FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation
Old May 16, 2017, 10:07 am
lgormley

Date: April 24, 2017
AAdvantage Status: None (used Alaska Airlines MVP status for flight)
Fare class: O
What happened: Originally booked PHL-AMS 6:40pm-8:40am (direct)
  • PHL-AMS B757 boarded at around 7:30pm, then deplaned due to mechanical issues.
  • Boarded another B757 at around 10:30pm, then deplaned again due to mechanical issues.
  • Crew timed out at around midnight, flight rescheduled to noon the next day (4/25).
  • AA staff at PHL claimed that my checked bag was unavailable for retrieval before the rescheduled flight - incurred some toiletry & personal item expenses as a result.
  • That flight was canceled, rebooked onto PHL-LHR and LHR-AMS, arriving 35 hours after originally scheduled arrival time.
Compensation: 10,000 AAdvantage Miles
Comments: AA refused to reimburse me for transportation expenses to/from PHL despite the overnight delay. Customer relations asked me to complete a "PASSENGER PROPERTY QUESTIONNAIRE" form, but this does not appear to address the flight delay. It does not seem that they even bothered to read the issues specified in my original message.

How can I receive reasonable compensation from AA? The 10,000 miles offered are not particularly useful to me.