FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old May 15, 2017, 9:48 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Was just told by the Delta Twitter team that because my cancellation is voluntary, and since my RUC already cleared, I will not receive my coupon back.

Sorry if this is old news to others on the board, but as an ardent Delta flyer and supporter, I was struck by what I view as an anti flyer friendly policy.
click "REGIONAL UPGRADE TERMS & CONDITIONS" and see #14 :

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/systemwide-upgrade-certificates.html
​​​​

Originally Posted by thesaints
It would be a fair policy only if a processed RUC were treated as an effectively higher class seat even when it is Delta who makes changes. But we know that in many instances, after cancellations and equipment changes, sitting up front is not guaranteed and, iirc, it even says so in the bylaws.
Last year I had a reservation with a cleared RUC that had a schedule change below MCT. They were willing to work with me for flights within reason, but said if I wanted to go from redeye to first flight the morning of the same day (I think it was something like 13 hours earlier) at that point it'd be considered a voluntary change and I'd lose the cert. Don't know if HUCA would have changed anything but it sounded reasonable and DL has done me favors before so I didn't push it.