FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Priority Pass Lounge in Seattle?
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2017, 9:40 pm
eeflyer

Originally Posted by wetrat0
I went to The Club on Monday and was told at checkin there was a "problem with the kitchen" so there was no food and no bar service (unclear why they couldn't have bar service...) and to top it off the coffee maker had an "out of order" sign on it. However, they were happy to let me in to "relax".

It definitely wasn't busy (can't imagine why ). I stayed a little while to read a newspaper and then headed for the Alaska lounge. I mean, is there really a comparison here? The Club was so disappointing and I think even if they had been serving food I would have liked the Alaska lounge better. It was moderately busy but they had the amenities one would expect at a lounge.

Whatever PP is paying The Club on a per-visit basis they are getting ripped off big time. I couldn't believe they couldn't even take the initiative to procure a carafe of coffee from somewhere in the airport to put out on the empty bar.
The differences in opinion in this thread are quite interesting. Having been to the AS boardroom in D and both "The Clubs," I definitely appreciate the Clubs more. The AS lounge was nice and the pancake machines are fun, but the latter two had at least one complementary hot dish (soup) and free bubbly. The bubbly isn't amazing by all means, but it was nice to have the option.

Edit: Although if the clubs were having problems as in the quoted post, then yes AS all the way. The hours for the Clubs are also insufficient