FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre {GBR}
Old May 14, 2017, 4:47 pm
EventGeek1995

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre - Always A Great Stay!

Check In Lots of check in desks with a decent number of staff availabe whenever I have checked-in here! HHonours seperate desk that is always staffed is a nice touch for the North of the UK...!Usually I try not to check-in on the HHonours App and leave it until arrival, I have found room upgrades work better at this hotel on the check in desk.Diamonds receive a stamp on their cardboard key wallet, a graze box and of course, a cookie. The stamp gets you a free drink during a set time frame at the Sky Lounge.Polite and helpful staff and seem to have time for you.(Car park is rather small and so is the Valet, NCP style car park next door to theirs that I always seem to have to use..) Room I can say that I have never not had an Upgrade and always book a Queen Guest! Their Deluxe rooms are basically the same and so are the King rooms. The noticeable upgrades start with the Juinor Suites and I have only once not been able to procure one due to the hotel being legitiamtley fully booked. Junior Suites and City Suites have Nespresso Machines, and older style I-Mac for your own use, good sized bathrooms and a sofa to relax on. (Umbrella provided is pretty useful for Leeds...)Wifi is pretty decent all around the rooms and hotel but is quite poor in the Sky Lounge, I usually try to do some work up there to catch the sun setting (Rather nice from the balcony) Service Staff are pretty attentive and the careline never takes long to answer. Room service, however is not as fast/attentive as the front of house staff. Food can take a while to reach you in the evenings.I have never seen more attentive Breakfast staff! To the point where you almost have to let them know you are okay and would like to enjoy your breakfast without interuption! Dining I have never eaten an evening meal in the City Café, there are so many choices right by the Hotel! Sky Lounge bar on the rooftop is now FANTASTIC, after the refurb and some much needed staff training, the bar is much better. Good spirit and cocktail choice and occasionally, great Live music. Location I have never eaten an evening meal in the City Café, there are so many choices right by the Hotel! Sky Lounge bar on the rooftop is now FANTASTIC, after the refurb and some much needed staff training, the bar is much better. Good spirit and cocktail choice and occasionally, great Live music. Overall I have never eaten an evening meal in the City Café, there are so many choices right by the Hotel! Sky Lounge bar on the rooftop is now FANTASTIC, after the refurb and some much needed staff training, the bar is much better. Good spirit and cocktail choice and occasionally, great Live music.