FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prefab room construction
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2017, 1:46 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
6 figures could be as low as $100,000, which is very cheap as houses go.
Off-topic:

Well the two HGTV shows I saw the houses were $300K-600K (and yeah, the upper end one surprised me too). Unless you knew the house was pre-fab, you wouldn't know it. You'd think they were normally built. They were large houses built off-site & then transported/put together on-site. They weren't trailer homes

Some trivia:

"While the total cost of a prefab home is highly variable based on size, amenities, and location, you can expect to pay between $180 and $220 per square foot. Essentially, prefab homes are homes that are constructed in a factory before being shipped to a building site in pieces, where they’re then assembled on-site in a matter of days... prefab homes must be constructed according to state or local building codes...In other words, prefab homes must meet the same building codes as traditional “sticks and bricks” construction, so you can build a prefab home practically anywhere...prefab homes typically qualify for construction and home loans, so you don’t have to have the total home cost on-hand. "

This isn't the house I saw but evidently pre-fab Huf Houses have quite a following & can go up to $500K

Here's a prefab in New Jersey (not Huf Haus)

On-topic:

Doesn't surprise me that Marriott (and other chains) might move to pre-fab in future if they can get hotels put together in less time & save the hotel chains/franchisees $$.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 14, 2017 at 3:01 pm Reason: add images