FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Int'l. Airport (NRT) Layover & Hotel Master Thread
Old May 13, 2017, 11:56 pm
mmamminna

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Could be that since Sea World ended Killer Whale show, suddenly “Tuna Show” became hot item. Cannot beat how tuna winks and smile at you…

After arriving at 4 p.m. at NRT are you planning to stay wake till 10 a.m. next day? I do not know where you are arriving from at NRT but do you think you can stay up that long? I am not sure what you mean as “mingle around” but are you hoping to spend over night at Tokyo at bars or other type of social gathering places?

Tokyo is not 24 hrs. city. As public transportation stop running around 12 midnight and 1 a.m., so as many business in Tokyo closes around that time. There are clubs open overnight, but it is not like bars or pubs in the U.S or Europe, clubs in Tokyo tends to be with host and hostess and extremely overpriced drinks.

If you plan to drink overnight, one condition at tuna auction viewing at the fish market is that you are not intoxicated. Being drunk will be reason refuse entrance, and there have been in past some problems people showing up drunk. This is viewing of working fish market, where the place was not designed with visitors in mind. There is no separate stand or segregated area with windows for visitors to view. Visitors will walk right through the area forklifts are constantly going back and forth.

You are asking about mosquito repellent in Tokyo, are you planning to spend overnight outside at Tokyo? If that is your plan then…, I cannot think of the place to hang outside overnight in Tokyo. As I said as business close overnight so as parks and gardens. If you hanging around city parks overnight then that can be good reason police will ask you some questions.

Also, there are ladies who are knowledgeable about Japan post here frequently. I am a dude, by the way, so thanks for referring me in correct gender.
So... should I stick to Narita then only overnight and get a hotel? Thanks so much! I sorta wanted to see Tokyo.........!!!