FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5,000 Avios for no meal in CE?
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2017, 1:53 pm
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by 2035
A couple of years ago I was only given 6,000 Avios for missing kosher meal LHR-BKK in CW as GCH - 12 hour fiight. I couldn't eat anything at all, as strictly orthodox (OK crew did find me an apple..).
Crew confirmed it was catering error, as kosher meal was confirmed on their manifest, but said they didn't want to delay flight by asking catering for missing meal at 10pm.
Even after much argument and escalation they were unwilling to increase compensation.
I felt that was much too low, as was starving when we got to BKK (was planning on having dinner and beakfast on flight).
So 5K for FRA-LHR seems quite generous to me, especially if OP can eat other food...
If that was me I'd ask to be offloaded.. a colleague did that and they discovered his luggage was in one of the first bins loaded and crew were running out of hours. Colleague still asked to be offloaded and a special meal was delivered in 12 minutes

By way of compensation I'd expect a one way confirmed complimentary upgrade to CE on my next comparable flight to put me in the situation as if this hadn't happened.