FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on CAI and HNL please
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2017, 4:33 am
Fitch

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Advice on CAI and HNL please

Hi all,

The context
Having previously turned my nose up at exCAI fares, I've now had to do a bit of a volte face as last night I was chatting to my partner and mentioned that while there are some great fares out of CAI "unfortunately you have to go to Cairo first.."

"OH !" she said. "But I'd love to go to Cairo...!!!" So we're going to CAI...

The booking
This morning I spent half an hour on the GGL line with a truly excellent agent (who will be getting a Golden Ticket) and now have a booking from Cairo to Hawai'i over Easter 2018.

Actually I have 2 bookings, as I-class availability was a single seat on each of HNL,OGG and KOA to LAX. No problem for this guy: he spotted that the fare rules allow a free stopover so came up with the creative solution of setting up 2 PNRs, with us travelling together on all sectors except Hawai'i to LA: for this one, we will be on separate aircraft a few hours apart and reunited at LAX

What's more, he didn't blink at using 2 Jokers and applying a GUF2 across the bookings so we are in F on the A380 LHR-LAX and LAX-LHR !

I think I can live with a price of £1333.90 per head for 60,532 Avios and 980 TPs and F on the A380

The request
If you're still reading, I could so with some help.

Never having been to Cairo before, and hints and tips to get the most out of short visit (we will probably fly down 3 or 4 days before the exCAI trip) would be very welcome.

Likewise, we're flying into HNL so any advice on accommodation in particular would be great. We don't feel the need to drop $10k on a beachfront property. Mid-range with reasonable access to the coast would be fine...

Many thanks in advance !