FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation
Old May 12, 2017, 4:11 pm
ludocdoc

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Date May 2 2017
AAdvantage Status ExPlat
Fare class economy (O)
What happened: Booked as BOS-DFW-BOG
- BOS-DFW, went mechanical.
- The gate agent in BOS started rebooking me through MIA. There was a MIA flight boarding at the adjacent gate, and I asked to be put on that to get to MIA as early as possible. The agent refused, stating that my bag had to be pulled and a later flight to MIA would connect to the same MIA-BOG flight.
- This decision was key. Instead of a 4+ hour MIA layover (which I requested), she booked BOS-MIA-BOG with a 26 minute connection that evaporated due to a weather delay in flight around MIA.
- The Miami team was helpful and rebooked me on a 3am *A Avianca flight.
- They never pulled my bag - it went to DFW, misconnected to BOG, was sent it to MIA, misconnected and didn't come with me to Bogota.
- It took 4 days to get my bag. It arrived in BOG the next day, but took 2 more to deliver because AA gave it to Avianca, who briefly lost it. AA brought it all the way to BOG but wouldn't deliver it to my hotel. My... dimensions... made buying replacement clothes in BOG impossible, or they'd be on the hook for that.

I was up all night in MIA, instead of sleeping in m prepaid hotel in BOG. Missed my AM flight the next day in Colombia as Avianca didnt get me in in time.

Compensation will update when AA responds

Comments What should I expect? I think the baggage fail and the flight fail are each worth a voucher. The refusal to put me on the earlier flight due to the bag just adds sting since they didnt actually pull the bag. you cant have it both ways AA.