FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed award flight?
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2017, 12:51 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Yes, if that happens, CX staff will say 'this is 001 stock, I have no idea, go talk to AA'
My guess is if OP shows up out of breath at the gate (or at the CX checkin desks) and the plane's taxiing down the runway (or whatever) CX staff can fix it if they choose to. Won't be the first time someone's missed a CX plane in BKK on non-CX ticket stock, and operating airline controls the ticket on day of flight, no? Generally GAs at an airport have the power to handle things like that.

"Choose to" is going to be dependent on space availability and the interaction with the GA, of course.

Personally I think the OP is taking rather needless risks, but if they want to be sprinting through BKK dragging luggage instead of choosing a sane connection time between two tickets where luggage will be rechecked, more power to them, I guess.

Originally Posted by Spock Seat
CX has a lot of flights leaving from BKK to HKG----get on one of those. If you're flying Thai, which is not oneworld and not part of your AA Miles, book that a day early and stopover in Hong Kong to avoid unnecessary hassles from knowingly booking it that way. No brainer. Even Emirates flies F BKK-HKG one way for like a grand USD I believe (not sure).

Indeed, you can add the CX flight BKK-HKG to the J award at no cost which is what you're trying to do.
OP is inbound from KBV on TG and is already booked on CX BKK-HKG-JFK with a 95 minute connection in BKK. OP will need to collect luggage on the domestic side, recheck with CX for international segments, go through fast track immigration formalities, and get to gate in that time. It's possible (if tight) if the inbound TG flight is on time- D-I MCT is 75 minutes, but it's tighter than I'd like for an airport as huge as BKK, and on two tickets... a 30 minute delay probably means you miss CX checkin deadlines.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 12, 2017 at 1:03 pm