FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed award flight?
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2017, 9:34 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by ginterparkdj
Planning an itinerary with 95 mins connection time from TG flight to CX flight. I am trying to get on the CX BKK-HKG flight that leaves at 17:40, but what happens if we don't make it? Will CX allow us to re-book with no penalty on the 19:10 assuming there are seats available? Ultimately we are booked on HKG-JFK leaving at 0100. Will our onward flights be cancelled if we do not make the flight ex-BKK? Even if we get to CX check in before flight leaves BKK? This is an award ticket in J using AA miles.

Thanks
I am assuming this is not booked together. Aka, they are separate tickets.

If so, no.... CX has zero obligation to allow you to "re-book with no penalty". And yea, your onward flights will indeed be cancelled.

I don't know how it will work in practice, CX might help you and indeed rebook you, and help you out. But this is a risky maneuver and you don't have any margin of safety since they have no obligation. You miss that first flight, and they are 0% at fault. That's completely on you. The fact it's in J doesn't matter. And the fact you've booked with AA miles, vs CX's currency (or cash, which is ideal) hurts you if anything. It certainly doesn't help.

If somehow these are all booked together on one PNR (your TG + CX itineraries), then I *think* you can ignore my concerns above.