FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Vacation Club Pulse - Urban extension to MVC brand
Old May 12, 2017, 7:35 am
rthib
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
That's what I (cynically) thought as well. My wife and I attended a timeshare presentation at the Custom House many years ago and decided not to buy (thank goodness). Marriott rebranding that location as a "Pulse" just confirmed to me that they are diversifying into so many brands that are ultimately meaningless.

In fact, now that I think about, the door is wide open for the next CEO to come in and "revolutionize the lodging business" by consolidating all these countless, barely-differentiated brands into a much smaller set of brands with actual distinctions between them.
Marriott and Marriott Vacation Club are two separate companies.
Vacation club on has two brand regular and the rebranded urban locations. They adding Pulse locations since they are simple conversions of hotel properties. They created Pulse so folks would not expect Vacation club type amenities. Basically Pulse means No Pool, No Kitchen.

For Vacation Club owners it is nice addition, but I can not think of any reason for not Vacation Club folks to want to pay the premium to stay there.